Are your kids thinking about opening a neighborhood lemonade stand this summer? These local pop-up stands are a great opportunity for your kids to earn cash or raise money for a local cause. And, let’s not forget, their stand could be just what the neighborhood wanted and a great chance to give everyone their favorite summer beverage curbside.
To make your lemonade stand and the drinks they’re pouring better than anyone else on the block, check out these three tasty recipes that will have the neighbors standing in line to buy.
Simple Lemonade: You will need 6 lemons, 7 cups water and 1 cup sugar.
- With a hand presser, have your kids squeeze the lemon juice out of your 6 lemons.
- Have the kids mix 1 cup water and 1 cup sugar together.
- Then you boil the water/sugar combination until the sugar dissolves to make the simple syrup.
- Let cool.
- Mix the remaining 6 cups of water, lemon juice, and simple syrup.
Pour over ice and ta-da, a fabulous and refreshing lemonade.
Purple Lemonade: It’s time to mix it up this summer and go purple. For this recipe, you will need 1 cup sugar, 6 cups water, 1 lemon (finely grated zest), 1 pint fresh blueberries, and 1 cup fresh lemon juice
- In a saucepan, combine sugar, water and lemon zest and stir over medium-heat until sugar dissolves.
- Pour into a glass pitcher and let cool in the refrigerator for at least one hour.
- While cooling, have the kids pick the stems from the blueberries.
- In a blender, puree blueberries and lemon juice.
- Add mixture to the pitcher with cooled sugar mixture.
- Skim the excess blueberry skins off the top or pour the lemonade through a sieve to remove all the skins.
Pour over ice and enjoy!
“Ocean” Water: An unexpected drink, made by the Rollins House, that will have all the neighbor kids racing over to enjoy. It’s a fun and super easy drink to make at any age. You will need 3 tablespoons water, 3 tablespoons sugar, 1 teaspoon coconut extract, 3 drops blue food coloring, and 2 (12 ounce) cans lemon-lime soda.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine water and sugar. Heat in microwave for about 1 minute. Stir until complete dissolved.
- Pour the sugar mixture into a pitcher. Add coconut extract, food coloring, soda.
- Stir to combine.
- To make the drink extra special add a gummy fish candy (Swedish fish).
Serve in a clear plastic cup with ice and let the ocean fun begin.
Do you have a favorite lemonade recipe? Share your recipe on our Facebook page. We’re thirsty for them.