Looking for something fun to do with your musically inclined, or not, family? How about make a family music video? At Zoonicorn we love to make music videos with our families and share them with family, friends, on our social profiles, and of course, share them with our co-workers.
Making a music video is a fun thing for everyone in the family. To make sure your next video is the best, we’ve put together some step-by-step process to shooting your next great video on your Smartphone.
- Decide which song you will perform and the role each family member will have in the video – lead singer, backup singers and band members.
- Find the lyrics online and make copies for everyone to learn the song.
- Find a place in your home that is quiet and well-lit.
- Make sure fans, heaters, TVs and other noises in the room are turned off.
- Once you’re ready, place your Smartphone in a tripod or propped against books or other objects where it is stable and upright.
- Make sure the camera on your Smartphone is set to face you, so that you can shoot the video while you watch yourself on the screen at the same time.
- Shoot a 10 to 15-second test before you begin the actual making of your music video. Check for lighting, sound, visuals (the band’s hair and outfit look good) and the background (you want to make sure nothing is in the video you don’t want the public to see).
- If the video looks good, great! It’s time to shoot your family music video.
- Make the video 1 to 3 minutes.
- Once you are finished shooting the video, review the footage to make sure it’s what you wanted before you upload to YouTube. If you want to crop the video before you upload, slide your finger slowly along the clip bar at the top of the video screen until a cropping prompt appears.
- When you’re ready to share your video, click the share button (rectangle with an arrow on it) and then click the YouTube icon. A screen will appear where you can add a title and description.
- Share a link to your video on your social profile then sit back and watch the likes, comments, retweets and shares come in from friends and family.
When your family music video is done, don’t forget to share a link with us on our Facebook page! Our Zoonicorn family would enjoy seeing the video and the talent that is in your family. You can check out our videos too, on YouTube!